Titre du poste
Licencing and Product Approvals Manager
2 days / week
UGroupMedia Inc (UGM) was established in 2008 and is based in Montreal, Canada.
We specialize in making Christmas magic for families around the world by creating, distributing and publishing Portable North Pole (PNP) personalized digital experiences via PortableNorthPole.com, mobile applications, television, consumer products and in-store experiences.
- Lead end-to-end product lifecycle for projects related to physical product development activities including: product review and approvals, competitive analysis, line planning, preparing new product and packaging briefs, market research, pricing, costing, profitability analysis, and SKU rationalization.
- Manage the day-to-day planning and execution of all product development, liaising with external partners (Licensees, vendors, design agencies, retailers) at all stages of product development.
- Establish and implement a process for physical product approvals to ensure all products meet schedule.
- Participate in establishing product and line strategy, positioning and sales strategies including preparing materials for trade shows for the purpose of increasing global sales.
- Manage Licensing partnerships including: product & packaging development & approvals, new product brainstorming, quarterly business reviews, retail pitches, marketing & advertising approvals.
- Collaborate with Licensees to pitch new business/retail partnerships.
- Regularly audit and understand the competitive landscape, extracting relevant data and pop culture trends to achieve business objectives and generate new business opportunities.
- Analyze the results of all product sales and marketing activities and make recommendations.
- Oversee the development of multiple products at the same time.
- Collaborate with internal departments (Dev, Media, Marketing, QA, Customer Care, Finance & BI) to ensure smooth execution of digital component associated with all products.
Education and experience
- University or College degree in Marketing, Design, Commerce or related field.
- At least 5 years of consumer product brand management experience in a licensed driven industry, preferably working with toy, entertainment, children’s publishing, fashion, or other pop culture products.
Skills and qualities
- Working knowledge of design and manufacturing processes.
- Experience managing multiple projects at once in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint & Word).
- Excellent organizational, communication, and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to do whatever it takes to get the job done while continuously taking initiative and pushing projects forward under tight deadlines.