Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
The incumbent is responsible for the development of a suite of applications for customization and automation of concatenation of video and audio files for Mobile Santa and any other related project. He/she will supervise a multidisciplinary team of developers, testers and external consultants. He/she will set and ensure that timelines and budgets are met, and monitor risks.
- Plans for, monitors and manages risks associated with software development. Provides thorough and effective project management to ensure deliverables are delivered on time and on budget. Is involved in estimates (effort, cost and time) to maximize performance of his/her department.
- Allocates and supervises the work of employees and consultants: ensures deadlines are met. Reports to his/her superior and participates in group meetings.
- Documents and implements project management good practice and splits certain deliverables into Agile/Scrum format; acts as Scrum Master.
- Regularly updates the documentation for all technical platforms using the appropriate tools. Contributes to the design and documentation of components and architectural products.
- Monitors and reviews project budgets. Monitors the billing of activities.
- Understands and manages AWS (Amazon Web Services) infrastructure costs.
- For certain deliverables, writes and amends specifications, and manages and negotiates with different service providers.
- Provides technical on-line publishing and scalability of the different digital platforms. Participates in scalability testing and A/B testing for product improvement.
- Leads and participates in design and code reviews.
- Develops and carries out the test sets needed to implement the programs developed based on established quality criteria.
- Suggests solutions to problems encountered. Contributes to the continuous improvement of the development process and associated tools.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Software Engineering
- From 5 to 10 years of experience in software development and from 3 to 5 years of experience in team supervision
Skills and Qualities Required
- In-depth knowledge of the Agile/Scrum development process and Scrum Master training
- Project management (PM) certification
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to deliver quality projects
- Strong ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to see the big picture
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive skills for teamwork
- Ability to learn and adapt to rapidly changing technological environments
- Very good skills in oral and written communication in both French and English
- Results oriented
- Knowledge of Jira
- Experience in e-commerce, payment and SSL security
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS cloud infrastructures
- Experience with client/server systems and application databases
- In-depth knowledge of web, mobile and video technologies
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented development and design patterns
To submit your application please write us at: email@example.com