Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
The incumbent will work on the development of a suite of applications for customization and automation of concatenation of video and audio files for Mobile Santa and any other related project.
- Participates in the assessment of and planning for technical requirements and the design of different digital platforms according to business needs. Proposes and implements innovative, flexible and effective architecture for the UGM’s technical needs.
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software applications.
- Contributes to the design and documentation of components and architectural products.
- Participates in scalability testing and A/B testing for product improvement.
- Leads and participates in design and code reviews.
- Develops and carries out the test sets needed to implement the programs developed based on established quality criteria.
- Respects timelines for technical deliverables.
- Suggests improvements to problems related to maintenance, design limitation, product reliability and new features.
- Is involved in effort, cost and time estimates to maximize development performance.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of the development process and associated tools.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Software Engineering
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in software development
Skills and Qualities Required
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented development and design patterns
- Knowledge of Jira, Git, unit testing and continuous integration
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development processes
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to see the big picture
- Good organizational sense and management of priorities according to business needs
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive skills for teamwork
- Ability to learn and adapt to rapidly changing technological environments
- Very good skills in oral and written communication in both French and English
- Results oriented
- Knowledge of optimization techniques for high-traffic websites (caching, CDN, etc.)
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS cloud infrastructures
To submit your application please write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org