Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
Responsible for international business development and the new product development for the consumer products related to the Portable North Pole. This includes the PNP Toys and Gifts Collection, live experiences and events, the children’s television mini-series “Magic Moments with Santa”, other licenses and market opportunities. Negotiates and brokers partnership deals, and explores opportunities for market expansion and product diversification in consumer products, licensed merchandise, publishing and television entertainment. Identifies and develops new market opportunities, through industry research, networking and relationship-building as taking into account the Portable North Pole brand fit.
Business Development (60%)
- Business development in entertainment, publishing and retail industry, to further extend Portable North Pole properties, internationally.
- Validates potential retail or relevant industry partners, buyers, licensees, leads pitches and product presentations.
- Manages a small network of sales agents, distributors and sales representatives, around the world.
- Develops and executes global market roll-out of new products.
- Analyzes retail and consumer trends in the industry, specifically for relevant categories, to help shape the assortment, drive innovation, and identify new opportunities.
- Attends industry tradeshows and markets, around the world.
- Represents the company vision, ethos and objectives.
Marketing Management (20%)
- Leads the marketing and communications program for the Portable North Pole Toys & Gifts Collection
- Briefs content production and marketing internal team on communication and promotional materials required. Also briefs external PR agencies and media/press enquiries on product features.
- Works with media, retailers, malls and various partners to develop a robust PR, communications and advertising program for the derivative products.
- Develops sales materials (presentations, flyers, brochures, promotional reels, advertisements etc.).
- trains salespeople on product features.
Product Development (20%)
- Product development for toys and gifts, children’s television, digital, publishing, stationery, virtual and augmented reality experiences
- Product, licensing and merchandise development: working with designers, sourcing manufacturers and suppliers.
- Liaises with product designers, inventors, graphic artists, writers and manufacturers.
- Sees development process through: conception, initial boards, costing, sampling, testing and production stages.
- Manages design and development timelines and budgets for multiple product projects.
- Presents concepts at all levels to stakeholders.
- Ensures budget tracking and billing tracking with various collaborators (consultants, agents, suppliers etc.)
- Respects the deliverable timelines
- Proactively observes and researches the industry, stays informed of trends and developments
- Works collaboratively with management and the team
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (business, marketing, communication, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Product management experience in a consumer products company or children entertainment market
- Proven sales, business development and marketing experience
- Solid product development, marketing and/or licensing experience
Required Skills and Qualities
- Passionate about Christmas!
- Strong sales and negotiation skills, strategic approach
- Experience working with international markets (especially North America, U.K.)
- Experience with global brand (particularly in children/family sector)
- Proven ability to meet KPIs and business objectives
- Demonstrated aptitude for developing interpersonal relationships
- Creativity and innovation
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to establish trust with customers and stakeholders
- Autonomy and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and planning
- Excellent knowledge of English, spoken and written
- Knowledge of French, spoken and written
- Very good knowledge of commonly used technology environments (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Interest in new technologies
- Knowledge of Spanish, spoken and written
- E-commerce sales experience
– Must be available for frequent international travel
– Must be available to work outside the regular schedule (international market)
To submit your application please write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org